Are you in search of reliable pressure washing services near you? Do you live in Grant County, WI, Iowa County, WI, Crawford county, Lancaster, WI, and Platteville, WI? We have you covered.
There are many perks of pressure washing your home. Pressure washing can remove dirt, grime, and other build-ups from the exterior of your home.
It can also prolong the life of your paint job by keeping the surface clean and free of debris. In addition, pressure washing can also improve your home’s curb appeal by making it look clean and well-maintained.
Benefits of pressure washing your
- Removing dirt, grime, and other build-ups from the exterior of your home.
- Extending the life of your paint job by keeping the surface clean and free of debris.
- Improving your home’s curb appeal by making it look clean and well-maintained.
- Pressure washing can also remove any mildew or mold that may be growing on the exterior of your home.
- It also helps prevent any future build-up of dirt, grime, and debris.
It’s clear; that pressure washing is beneficial. However, it is important to note that not all surfaces can be pressure washed. This is because a lot of pressure is involved that may damage the surface. Read on to understand the difference between the surfaces.
Surfaces That Can Be Pressure Washed
Many surfaces can be pressure washed with no problem. These include:
Concrete is a very tough surface that can handle a lot of abuse. Pressure washing is a practical way to clean concrete, and it will not damage the surface.
Wood is another tough surface that can handle pressure washing. Just be sure to use a low-pressure setting, so you don’t damage the wood.
Vinyl is a very tough material, and it can withstand the power of a pressure washer. Pressure washing is an effective way to clean vinyl siding.
Metal is another robust surface that can take the power of a pressure washer.
Surfaces That Cannot Be Pressure Washed
There are also many surfaces that cannot be pressure washed. These include:
Paint is a delicate surface, and a pressure washer can easily damage it. If you pressure wash paint, you will likely strip off the paint and damage the surface underneath.
Stone is a very delicate material, and a pressure washer can easily damage it. If you pressure wash stone, you could break or chip the surface.
Glass is another delicate surface that can be easily damaged by a pressure washer. The high-pressure water can easily break or chip glass.
Stained surfaces, such as stained concrete or stained wood, can be easily damaged by a pressure washer. The high-pressure water can remove the stain and damage the surface underneath.
So before you pull out the pressure washer, know which surfaces can handle the power and which ones cannot. Pressure washing is a great way to clean many surfaces, but it can also damage delicate surfaces.
But knowing just this does not solve the whole puzzle. What happens to the surfaces that cannot be pressure washed? How do you clean them without causing any damage? The answer is simple: you need to use an alternative cleaning method.
Alternate Cleaning Method: Soft pressure washing
Soft pressure washing is an excellent alternative to traditional pressure washing. This method uses lower pressures to avoid damaging delicate surfaces.
As a result, it is perfect for cleaning surfaces such as driveways and parking lots. In addition, soft pressure washing is also gentle enough to be used on people and animals.
That said, soft pressure washing is not as effective as traditional pressure washing. The lower pressures do not remove as much dirt and grime. As a result, soft-pressure washing is best used with other cleaning methods.
Pressure washing vs. power washing
The terms are often used interchangeably. However, there is a difference between the two, and it lies in the temperature of the water. while pressure washing uses cold water, power washing uses hot water.
Both methods are effective in cleaning surfaces. However, power washing is more effective as hot water can remove stubborn dirt and grime. In addition, power washing is also able to kill bacteria and viruses. And so it is often used in hospitals and other medical facilities.
If you are unsure of which method to use, you should consult with a professional who will assess your situation and recommend the best course of action.
DIY pressure washing vs. professional pressure washing
Now that you understand the basics of pressure washing, you may be wondering whether you should do it yourself or hire a professional. The answer depends on a few factors.
- The type of surface you need to clean- It is best to hire a professional if you need to clean a delicate spot. This is because professionals have the experience and equipment to clean your surface without causing damage.
- The size of the surface you need to clean- If you have a large surface that needs cleaning, it is best to hire a professional since they have the experience and equipment to clean your surface quickly and efficiently.
- Your budget- Hiring a professional pressure washer can be costly. If you are operating on a tight budget, you may consider doing it yourself. But, you can still negotiate with professional pressure washing contractors to get a lower price.
- The level of dirt and grime on your surface- If your surface is very dirty or grimy, it is best to hire a professional.
Professionals, especially those with good experience, have dealt with all forms of dirt. Leaving them with such a job to do guarantees the best results. Besides, this is their job, so they have all the time to do it perfectly.
- Your skills- If you have never pressure washed before, it is best to hire a professional. Professionals are skilled, and they understand different types of surfaces and how to clean them without causing any damage.
- Your time- Lack of enough time means you will not do a thorough job pressure washing your house. This is because pressure washing is a time-consuming task. If you don’t have enough time to do it yourself, call the professionals
In conclusion, pressure washing is a great way to clean your home. However, it is essential to know the surfaces that can be pressure washed and those that require an alternative cleaning method.
Ready for the Best Pressure Washing Services in Grant County, Iowa County, Crawford County, Lancaster, and Platteville, WI?
When hiring pressure washing services, you need to be careful. The company needs to check all these boxes:
- They have to use the right equipment for the job
- They need to have a lot of experience
- They should be able to give you a free estimate
- They should be able to answer all your questions
As Clear Reflections, we meet all these criteria. We have been in business for over ten years, using the latest pressure-washing technology. Additionally, we offer a free estimate, and we are always available to answer any of your questions.
Call us today if you are ready to experience the best pressure washing services in Grant County, Iowa County, Crawford County, Lancaster, and Platteville, WI
Our services include:
- House Washing
- Roof Cleaning
- Gutter Cleaning
- Concrete Cleaning
- Deck Cleaning
- Power washing
- And much more!
How often should I pressure wash my house?
It is recommended that you pressure clean your house at least once a year. However, this may vary depending on the climate and the level of dirt and grime in your area.
Can pressure washing damage my property?
If done by an unskilled person, pressure washing can damage your property. This is why it is vital to hire a professional who has the experience and equipment to do it correctly.
What is the cost of pressure washing?
Pressure washing cost varies depending on the home size and the level of dirt and grime. However, you can expect to pay between $100 and $300 for most homes.
Should my bathtub be pressure washed?
Yes, your bathtub can be pressure washed. However, using a mild detergent and a soft brush attachment is essential to avoid damaging the finish.
Can I pressure wash my deck?
Yes, you can pressure wash your deck. Just be sure to use a low-pressure setting and hold the wand at least 12 inches away from the surface. Move the wand in a sweeping motion across the surface.
How do I get started?
Call us today to experience the best pressure washing services in Grant County and the surrounding areas! We will be happy to answer any of your questions and give you a free estimate.
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us today! We would be happy to answer them for you.